The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support to ECFR’s Madrid office and its legal entity in Spain in coordination with the office’s team, particularly the Programme Coordinator.
- Reporting to: Programme Coordinator, ECFR Madrid office
- Closing date: July 12, 2017
- Location: Madrid
Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the main responsibilities will include basic support in terms of administration, logistics and organizational activities of the office in Madrid, such as:
- Support to the office in core administrative aspects and procedures required under Spanish laws, with a special focus on those related to the Asociación and similar administrative procedures. This would also include the management of the office’s correspondence and archives.
- Support to the Programme Coordinator regarding management of information relevant for financial reporting obligations within ECFR and its legal entity in Spain (e.g. invoices and proofs of payments, expenses claim procedures, etc.).
- Office management support (e.g. supply of materials, internal calendars, management of subscriptions, coordination of office space) and logistics, ensuring the streamlining of procedures and related reporting.
- Support to the logistical aspects of key advocacy events, such as venue preparation, before and after the event, general presentation of ECFR, taking care of invitees, ECFR fellows and visitors, etc.
- Other ad hoc support to the Office, as required.
- University degree or professional training in Economics or Business administration.
- Proven experience of working in a busy administrative environment
- Knowledge of and experience in functioning of non-profit organizations in Spain.
- Computer skills and software knowledge (e.g. Excel, Word, Office, Power Point, etc.).
- High level of English (oral and written).
- Planning and organizational skills, especially in a demanding work environment.
- Conscientious professional, conscious of deadlines, operational standards and good quality work.
Please submit a one page covering letter (with ref: MadAdmin17 in the subject line) and your CV via the ‘Apply Link’ on our website . Please restrict your CV to no more than two pages of A4.
Closing date for applications: 10th July 2017 (12.00 pm)
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
ECFR (The European Council on Foreign Relations) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective and values-based European foreign policy. It has offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Sofia and Warsaw.
ECFR strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Registered Company and Charity in England and Wales. Company Reg. Number 07154609 Charity Number 1143536.