General Description and objectives of the position:
The World Leadership Alliance-Club de Madrid (WLA-Club de Madrid) is searching for an enthusiastic young journalist with broad technological skills (In Design, Photoshop, HTML 5, CSM and WordPress) and interest in international politics and democracy. She/he should be able to speak/write fluently both in English and Spanish.
The Communications Assistant main role will be to support the implementation of the communications and outreach strategies of the WLA- Club de Madrid.
She/he will be supervised by the Communications Coordinator and will work in direct collaboration with other colleagues in the Program, Outreach & Development, and Finances Department.
Location: Madrid (applicants must hold EU citizenship or valid work permit within the EU)
Duration: Indefinite contract, with 6-month trial period. Full time position
Remuneration: 23,000 €/year (gross)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field. Postgraduate diploma in communications is desirable.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the communications area. This experience should come from the media, institutional communications field or both.
- High proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Political awareness and interest in international relations and politics and in democracy promotion issues.
- Excellent Graphic Design and IT skills: Advanced knowledge of In Design, Photoshop, and video editing.
- Excellent knowledge of online and offline communications tools: WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and mass mailing. Advanced knowledge of HTML 5 will be a plus.
- Experience in Mac environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team, energy, enthusiasm and dedication.
- Immediate availability.
The Communications Assistant’s tasks, under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator include, among others:
- Prepare and edit WLA-Club de Madrid communication packages including, press releases, photos, videos, and audio.
- Promote and feed the WLA-Club de Madrid websites.
- Manage, maintain, and update social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc.).
- Manage, develop, and upload content (news and multimedia) to the WLA-Club de Madrid website.
- Assist in the preparation, design, and publication of WLA-Club de Madrid newsletters and reports (external and internal)
- Keep track of news pertaining to the work of the WLA-Club de Madrid and create clippings reports.
- Assist in the organization of events.
- Other duties as the WLA-Club de Madrid may reasonably require.
The World Leadership Alliance – Club de Madrid
The WLA-Club de Madrid is an independent organization whose purpose and priority is to contribute to strengthening democracy in the world. The WLA-Club de Madrid acts as a consultative body for governments, democratic leaders, and institutions involved in processes of democratic transition. The political and leadership experience of its members – more than 100 democratic former heads of state and government – in processes of democratic transition and consolidation is the WLA-Club de Madrid’s unique resource and main asset. Along with the experience and cooperation of other high level political practitioners and governance experts, this resource is a working tool to convert ideas into practical and feasible recommendations and action plans for implementation. For additional information on the World Leadership Alliance – Club de Madrid, please go to: www.clubmadrid.org
To show interest, please send a CV and a cover letter to:
by December 10, 2017
please indicate in the subject line “Communications Assistant”
The World Leadership Alliance – Club de Madrid welcomes all indications of interests. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted