The World Leadership Alliance‐Club de Madrid (WLA‐Club de Madrid) is searching for a professional with extensive experience in internal and external communications management at national and/or international levels, high quality contacts with media outlets, with very good level in English‐ Spanish and excellent writing skills.
The selected person will lead the WLA‐Club de Madrid’s external communications and contribute to more effective internal communications with Members and project partners. He/she will create, implement and oversee communications initiatives, be it internal or external, that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products, based on previous communications success (both his/hers and the WLA‐Club de Madrid’s) and untapped potential. He/she will create, implement and oversee communications initiatives, be it internal or external, that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products.
The Communications Manager will perform his/her duties under the direct supervision of the Secretary General.
Location: Madrid (applicants must hold EU citizenship or valid work permit within the EU)
Duration: Indefinite contract, with 6‐month trial period. Full time position
Remuneration: 32,000 – 33,000 €/year (gross)
- University Degree in fields related to the position. A Master or postgraduate courses in matters related to the position will be valued.
- At least 8 years of professional experience, of which 6 years of experience in areas of social and political communication. The position requires awareness of international affairs and media. Specifically, it requires experience in the design and implementation of action plans and communication campaigns, and some experience in crisis communications.
- Extensive knowledge of current international affairs, particularly in fields related to WLA‐ Club de Madrid’s activity.
- Proven experience in cultivating relationships with media reporters and news/opinion editors
- Excellent level of English and very good level of Spanish, both spoken and written. Other language skills –particularly French or Arabic– will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Capacity to effectively communicate the objectives and results of the position.
- Excellent knowledge and practice of IT tools: Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook, desktop publishing software applications, preferably InDesign, and tools for video design and edition.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a multicultural team.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing requests and needs.
- Availability to travel.
- Immediate availability.
The Communications Manager’s tasks include, among others:
- Design, implementation and management of plans and actions for internal and external
- communication of WLA‐Club de Madrid.
- Design, implementation and management, with the support of the Communications
- Assistant, of communications materials and products for programs, projects and activities,
- in direct cooperation with the staff in charge of those programs, projects and activities.
- Management and development of the WLA‐Club de Madrid’s corporate image, managing
- and supervising communication materials –printed, website and multimedia resources‐.
- Design, implementation and management of an information and awareness strategy in
- social media on WLA‐Club de Madrid, its Members and activities.
- Proactive pitching of the organizations’ work to the press, including direct work with
- journalists and preparation of press releases.
- Development and implementation of a communication strategy for social networks,
- specially Twitter y Facebook, with the support of the Communications Assistant.
- Management of WLA‐Club de Madrid’s websites and blogs, with the support of the
- Communications Assistant.
- Other duties according to his professional category that may be assigned by the WLA‐Club
- de Madrid’s management.
The World Leadership Alliance ‐ Club de Madrid
The WLA‐Club de Madrid is an independent organization whose purpose and priority is to contribute to strengthening democracy in the world. The WLA‐Club de Madrid acts as a consultative body for governments, democratic leaders, and institutions involved in processes of democratic transition. The political and leadership experience of its members – more than 100 democratic former heads of state and government ‐ in processes of democratic transition and consolidation is the WLA‐Club de Madrid’s unique resource and main asset. Along with the experience and cooperation of other high level political practitioners and governance experts, this resource is a working tool to convert ideas into practical and feasible recommendations and action plans for implementation. For additional information on the World Leadership Alliance ‐ Club de Madrid, please go to: www.clubmadrid.org
To show interest, please send a CV and a cover letter to:
by June 3, 2018
please indicate in the subject line “Communications Manager”
The World Leadership Alliance ‐ Club de Madrid welcomes all indications of interests. Only short‐listed candidates will be contacted