Vacancy: Events Junior Assistant
General Description and objectives of the position:
The Events Junior Assistant will support the area of event and travel logistics during the sick leave of the area manager.
The Events Junior Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Events Assistant in close coordination with all WLA – Club de Madrid Departments.
Location: Madrid (applicants must hold EU citizenship or valid work permit within the EU)
Duration: 1.5 – 2 months
Remuneration: Gross salary: 955€/month
As a WLA – Club de Madrid’s employee, the Events Junior Assistant will benefit from Spanish Social Security and public health care services
- University Degree.
- At least 1 year of profesional experience in related fields of work.
- Firm command of English and Spanish, both spoken and written. Preferably, one of the two languages as native tongue. Knowledge of other languages is an additional consideration.
- Good computer skills and proficiency in the use of the MS Office Package, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Capacity to work autonomously and under the pressure of tight deadlines, undertaking several tasks at the same time, reaching targets within the required deadlines.
- Immediate availability.
- Identify the most convenient itineraries for travelers, and inform travelers about the flight alternatives.
- Provide information to travelers regarding the requirements to enter in the country of destination, and when appropriate in the transit countries, specifically visa requirements, if necessary collaborating with the traveler in order to obtain the visas.
- Guarantee that travelers have all relevant information before the trip.
- Provide travel assistance by managing any possible incidents (cancellations, flight changes, delays, losses, etc.) for better resolution.
- When necessary, organize and manage the transport from the airport to the hotel or place of activity in which the traveler participates as well as his/her return to the airport after the activity is completed.
- Identify the most convenient accommodation, taking into account quality, price, location.
- Support logistics management of the activities of the WLA – Club de Madrid, among other things contacting service providers when necessary.
- Make sure that the expenses managed have the necessary supporting documents (quotations, invoices…) according to donor requirements.
- Any other tasks according necessary for the adequate logistic management of travel and events.
The WLA – Club de Madrid
The World Leadership Alliance – Club de Madrid (WLA – Club de Madrid) is an independent organization whose purpose and priority is to contribute to strengthening democracy in the world. The WLA – Club de Madrid acts as a consultative body for governments, democratic leaders, and institutions involved in processes of democratic transition. The political and leadership experience of its members – more than 100 democratic former heads of state and government – in processes of democratic transition and consolidation is the WLA – Club de Madrid’s unique resource and main asset. Along with the experience and cooperation of other high level political practitioners and governance experts, this resource is a working tool to convert ideas into practical and feasible recommendations and action plans for implementation. For additional information on the WLA – Club de Madrid, please go to: www.clubmadrid.org
To show interest, please send a CV and a cover letter to:
by September 15, 2017
please indicate in the subject line “Events Junior Assistant”
The WLA – Club de Madrid welcomes all indications of interests.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted