General Description and objectives of the position:
The World Leadership Alliance-Club de Madrid (WLA-CdM) is searching for an enthusiastic young journalist with broad technological skills (indesign, photoshop, HTML, CSM and wordpress) and interest in international politics and democracy. She/he should be able to speak/write fluently both in English and Spanish.
The Communication Assistant main role will be to support the implementation of the communications and outreach strategies of the Club de Madrid.
She/he will be supervised by the Communications Coordinator and will work in direct collaboration with other colleagues in the Program, Outreach & Development, and Finances Department.
Location: Madrid (applicants must hold EU citizenship or valid work permit within the EU)
Duration: Twelve months, renewable. Full time position
Remuneration: 23,000 €/year (gross)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related field. Postgraduate diploma in communication is desirable.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the communications area. This experience should come from the media, institutional communications field or both.
- Native in English, excellent command of Spanish language.
- Political awareness and interest in international relations and politics and in democracy promotion issues;
- Excellent Graphic Design and IT skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, In Design, Photoshop, Final Cut, digital video and photo cameras.
- Excellent knowledge of online and offline communications tools: wordpress, Facebook, Twit...