Position: Head of Office – Madrid
Reporting to: Deputy Director Operations
ECFR (The European Council on Foreign Relations) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective and values-based European foreign policy. It has offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Sofia and Warsaw. www.ecfr.eu
We are looking for an entrepreneurial specialist in European and Spanish foreign policy to lead the ECFR Madrid Office. Drawing on an excellent grasp of European strategic and policy issues, the Head of Office will nurture and develop ECFR’s effective presence and networks in Spain, ensuring that ECFR is part of the national debate, strengthening its infrastructure for influence and feeding the Spanish perspective into ECFR’s overall work.
The Head of Office will manage ECFR’s operations in Spain. He/she will work closely with the community of Spanish members of the ECFR Council engaging them in actively supporting ECFR’s organizational goals.
Policy: analyse and advise on key issues related to Spain’s role in Europe and in European foreign policy; inform other ECFR offices and programme teams about Spanish perspectives, and contribute to ECFR’s overall policy agenda.
Outreach: develop and implement ECFR advocacy and media strategies in Spain, build relationships with key public and private stakeholders in the foreign policy community and organise relevant activities to promote ECFR priorities in Spain.
Management: Manage the operations of ECR Madrid office, including annual planning, budgeting and development activities. Manage the Madrid office team and oversee compliance with the legal and administrative requirements of ECFR in Spain.
Fundraising: lead ECFR’s fundraising efforts in Spain, approaching both public and private sources, working with ECFR central development team and relevant colleagues to support ECFR’s activities in Spain.
- Strong interpersonal skills to nurture ECFR’s high-level networks in Spain.
- Excellent understanding of the EU foreign & security policy, Spanish foreign policy and European policymaking
- Proven management experience, preferably in an international environment
- Proven experience in fundraising
- Excellent written communication skills, including proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish; knowledge of other European languages an advantage
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a multinational team and to manage and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent organisational skills
Please submit a one page covering letter (with ref: HEADMADRID18 in the subject line) and your CV via the ‘Apply Link’ on our website : www.ecfr.eu Please restrict your CV to no more than three pages of A4.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25 March 2018 COB.