Deadline for submission June 20, 2019
Vacancy: Program Officer, 1‐year contract
General Description and objectives of the position:
The Program Officer’s main responsibility will be to support the area of programsin the implementation of its work during a process of transition from the current programmatic strategy towards the new programmatic strategy 2020‐2022.
The Program Officer will be responsible for the management ofspecific projects or activities as needed. This includes the coordination and implementation of project activities; communications regarding project missions and results; formulation of project materials and reports; day‐to‐day management of project human and financial resources including World Leadership Alliance ‐ Club de Madrid (WLA‐ CdM) Member participation; development of partnerships with relevant current and new stakeholders and funders. It will also include support for the preparation of new project proposals.
The Program Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Programs Coordinator within the WLA‐CdM Department of Programs and in close coordination with other Program Officers and all other WLA‐CdM Departments.
Location: Madrid (Applicants must hold EU citizenship or valid work permit within the EU)
Duration: 1 year. Possible extension depending on performance and availability of resources.
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience.
Range: 28,000 – 29,500 €/year (gross)
- Native in English or Spanish, and good level in another language. Other language skills – particularly French or Arabic– will be a plus.
- University Degree preferably in Political Science, another social science or international affairs. Master’s Degree or post graduate studies will be a plus.
- At least 7 years of continued professional experience, with a minimum of 5 in similar or related fields of work in governmental, intergovernmental and/or international non‐governmental organizations. Specific experience in the field of social inclusion and diversity management (work with minorities, immigrants, ethnic or religious groups) will be an added value.
- Political awareness, knowledge and interest in democratic development, international relations, geopolitics, civilsociety organizations, human rights and specifically in social inclusion matters.
- Good capacity for political analysis and capacity to identify and develop relevant project partnerships.
- Experience in project design & implementation, including proposal writing, and fundraising.
- Excellent organizational and administrative abilities.
- Great communication and writing skills. Ability to successfully communicate – orally and in writing ‐ project objectives and results as well as to write about general political issues.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritizing requests and needs.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a multicultural team; take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Availability to travel frequently.
- Immediate availability.
In coordination with relevant WLA‐CdM Secretariat staff, the Program Officer’s tasks include:
- Coordinate and manage specific projects. This implies, among other duties, to:
- Coordinate the participation of WLA‐CdM Members, high level advisors and experts in project activities, preparing mission agendas.
- Act as focal point for the project.
- Produce briefing books, talking points and background material for the participation of WLA‐CdM members, high level advisors, experts and senior staff in project‐related and outreach activities.
- Prepare intermediate and final project reports.
- Coordinate with the appropriate department all logistical arrangements for Members and experts travel and participation in program activities and events.
- Coordinate a visibility strategy and tools for the project. In coordination with the communications department.
- Follow‐up of projects’ and grants’ budgets with the support of the finance department.
- Support the preparation of new project proposals.
- Others as necessary.
The World Leadership Alliance Club de Madrid:
World Leadership Alliance ‐ Club de Madrid (WLA‐CdM) is the largest worldwide assembly of political leaders working to strengthen democratic values, good governance and the well‐being of citizens across the globe. As a non‐profit, non‐partisan, international organization, its network is composed of more than 100 democratic former Presidents and Prime Ministers from over 60 countries, together with a global body of advisors and expert practitioners, who offer their voice and agency on a pro bono basis, to today’s political, civil society leaders and policymakers. WLA‐CdM responds to a growing demand for trusted advice in addressing the challenges involved in achieving ‘democracy that delivers’, building bridges, bringing down silos and promoting dialogue for the design of better policies for all. This alliance represents an independent effort towards sustainable development, inclusion and peace, not bound by the interest or pressures of institutions and governments, by providing the experience, access and convening power of its Members. For additional information on the WLA‐CdM, please go to: www.clubmadrid.org
To show interest, please send a CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 20, 2019
indicating in the subject line “Program Officer”
The WLA‐CdM welcomes all expressions of interest.
Only short‐listed candidates will be contacted