Fundación Educación para el Empleo
Do you want to make a real difference? Are you energetic, creative and self-motivated? Apply to join Fundación Educación para el Empleo (EFE-Europe) team as Project Assistant!
About the Organization
EFE-Europe is the European hub of the Education For Employment Network (EFE), the leading youth employment organisation in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), providing unemployed disadvantaged youth with the skills and opportunities they need to build careers that create a better future for themselves, their communities, and their countries, while helping companies find the talent they need to continue growing. We operate in Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Morocco, Tunisia, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and Algeria, with global hubs in Europe, the US, and the UAE. We have established over 2,700 public and private partnerships with local, regional, and international partners, and are enjoying a period of rapid growth. To continue scaling-up and ensure sustainability, we are investing in developing our valued-based approach to private-sector companies.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Project Assistant will work closely with EFE’s Algeria team, as well as with staff across the EFE network. This position offers an excellent opportunity to continue to develop skills and experience within a growing international brand.
- Assist in the development of work plans and ensure compliance to donor requirements;
- File research, reports, and project documents;
- Maintain required administrative records;
- Monitor budget and compile narrative and financial project reports;
- Provide administrative, financial and logistical support to organize meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements and expense reports;
- Submit supporting documents for requests for payments and disbursements;
- Support coordination of activities with local partners;
- Create and manage meeting minutes, presentations, and spreadsheets;
- Assist the Senior Program Manager with other ad hoc tasks as required, with the flexibility and initiative to support the wider team goals.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Management, Political Sciences, International Relations or International Development Cooperation;
- 1-3 years of experience in the non-profit international development sector, with a proven track record in proposal development, budget design and reconciliation, project implementation and reporting;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Competency in financial management of budgets and monthly accounts;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong copywriting and presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail;
- Good organisation, time-management and forward planning;
- Strong work ethics and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Experience in the MENA region;
- Arabic language skills;
- Design skills (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and photography/video editing skills;
- Experience as a volunteer, intern or employee at an NGO or international organization.
Commensurate with experience. Salary range € 13,500-16,000 (gross).
Type of Contract
4 months (with possibility of extension), project-based, according to Spanish law (contrato por obra y servicio).
Candidates must have a valid working permit in Spain to be considered for this position.
Send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with PA POSITION in the subject line. Please tailor your Cover Letter to highlight how your qualifications meet the credentials listed above. Apply ASAP – applications will be reviewed as they are received, as we seek to fill this role immediately.
Note: EFE-Europe is an equal opportunity employer. It is EFE-Europe’s policy to seek out and hire, at all levels, individuals without regard to race, religion, age, colour, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical ability. We affirm our policy of offering equal employment opportunities to all individuals through our hiring practices.