Internship – Brand Marketing Campaigns & Events
CAM, Madrid, Spain
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The WFP Madrid Office is seeking to increase awareness and to highlight the role of WFP towards Zero Hunger among wider audiences. To pursue this effort, the Madrid Office is involving a Brand Marketing Campaigns & Events intern herunterladen. Under the supervision of the Communications Officer, the intern will support the development, management and execution of campaigns, events, and other activities, engaging partners to achieve higher brand and cause awareness in Spain.
Brief description of WFP Office in Madrid:
The WFP Office in Madrid liaises with the Government of Spain regarding our longstanding partnership, reaches out to the other public and private sector stakeholders to increase engagement for Zero Hunger and, working with the media and through other channels, contributes to awareness raising with the Spanish public bildschirmschoner kaminfeuer kostenlos.
- Title of Post: Internship
- Supervisor: Communications Officer
- Unit: Communications, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM)
- Country: Spain
- Duty Station: Madrid
- Duration of internship: 4 months
- Expected Start Date: 2 September 2019
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Officer, and in coordination with the rest of the team, the selected candidate will support the Madrid Office with activities related to WFP’s brand building marketing efforts with the following key duties:
- Support the development, production and promotion of campaigns and events to help achieve wider WFP brand awareness in Spain, protect WFP’s brand voice and create impactful visibility partnerships, ensuring consistency with corporate messages and standards;
- Under clear guidance, draft proposals, presentations, briefing and guidance documents, correspondence and other engagement materials and messaging, including tailoring WFP integrated marketing campaigns to Spain, as well as producing communication pieces and reports on campaigns and events as needed;
- Manage and maintain records and databases to ensure the information is accurate, organized and readily available for others to access;
- Research and keep a record of relevant events taking place in Madrid and elsewhere in Spain, with a view to promote WFP participation;
- Research potential campaign and event supporters, including influencers in the Spanish market;
- Prepare and effectively disseminate campaign and communications assets and tools to partners and outreach to influencers;
- Help set up and coordinate activities, including management of service providers and partners for the productions of materials needed;
- Coordinate closely with relevant colleagues in the WFP Madrid Office and the HQ Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Department to ensure message alignment and timely delivery;
- Undertake other related tasks and duties when needed.
Qualifications and experience
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months) in Communications, Marketing, or another relevant field;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Intermediate knowledge of graphic design tools;
- Intermediate social media and photo and video editing skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) alte pc spiele kostenlosen.
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies:
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
- Excellent communications skills, in particular in Spanish writing (drafting and editing with no spelling or grammatical mistakes);
- Understanding of the local context: ability to understand audiences and plan for desired outcomes;
- Methodical approach to work assignments and attention to detail;
- Team spirit, good organizations and interpersonal skills, able to work independently, and eager to learn about humanitarian assistance and development cooperation;
- Previous experience in a creative agency/ marketing department of a company will be an asset.
Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) and native Spanish are required spiele für ps3 downloaden.
Supervision (Level/Methods of Supervision)
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Officer, the incumbent will be provided with close mentoring, guidance and technical supervision. Performance planning and reviews as well as learning and development discussions will be elemental part of the supervision. The Head of the Madrid Office will be the second-level supervisor video npo start. With the support of a comprehensive induction package and assignment of a buddy/mentor, the intern will rapidly become a productive member of the team.
Throughout their assignment WFP interns have access to an industry leading learning platform, weLearn sonos downloaden op mac. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should:
- Be fully familiar with the role of the World Food Programme for Zero Hunger within the 2030 Agenda;
- Have enhanced capacity to identify brand marketing opportunities for a United Nations programme and to roll them out effectively;
- Understand the opportunities and challenges of communications in a United Nations programme.
Information on the Country of Assignment
- Living conditions in Madrid, Spain
(Living conditions, security, health, etc)
The security situation in Spain remains in line with other European Countries herunterladen. There are no specific threats against the UN in Spain. Considering the ongoing defeat of Daesh in the war territories, the trend in the short and mid-term will most likely continue to see the return of the militants to the countries of origins, including Spain. Whilst UN staff continue to be victims of minor crime such as street robbery and apartment break-ins, the infrequency of attacks and random nature of locations do not indicate that UN staff are at an elevated risk in comparison to residents or tourists in Spain Download photos facebook visible. Spain’s national territory is exposed to a broader range of natural hazards than any other European country. The vulnerability of its population and built environment is often severe and has in some cases been exacerbated by human activities.
- Other relevant information
VA Reference no: 106324
Closing Date: 22 July
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment thunderbird free german windows.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education download aptoide ios.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Fighting Hunger Worldwide